ST. MARY’S FOOD BANK ALLIANCE EXPANDS 4th ANNUAL ‘SUPER SATURDAY’ TURKEY DRIVE TO 12 LOCATIONS AROUND THE VALLEY and 2 LOCATIONS IN FLAGSTAFF FOR 2010
Help the Food Bank Reach Its Goal of Collecting 6,000 Turkeys This Year; Enter a Chance To Win One of 14 $250 US Airways Flight Vouchers
The holiday season brings the return St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance’s most popular food drive – our “Super Saturday” pre-Thanksgiving turkey collection effort.
“Super Saturday 2010” is set for November 20 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the site locations expanded this year to 12 around the Valley and two more in Flagstaff. Our special thanks to Albertsons and Harkins Theatres for serving as our Super Saturday drop-off locations this year. The Food Bank provides holiday meals for more than 50,000 people in the week leading up to Thanksgiving and is hoping to collect more than 6,000 turkeys during Super Saturday to get a big head start!
The Food Bank is anticipating requests for a record 30,000 Holiday Food Boxes – each containing a turkey and other assorted holiday dinner items – to allow needy families around the Valley the chance to enjoy the comforting tradition of a holiday meal.
In addition to turkeys, all other non-perishable food items as well as monetary donations will be gladly accepted. For every dollar donated, the food bank can distribute seven meals into the community. All donors are invited to register for a chance to win a $250 US Airways travel voucher (one winner per location).
Look for the giant inflatable turkey and smiling volunteers ready for your visit from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the following “Super Saturday” locations around the Valley:
• St. Mary’s Food Bank Del E. Webb Distribution Center (2831 N. 31st Avenue in Phoenix)
• Albertsons Desert Ridge (Tatum and the Loop 101)
• Albertsons Glendale (51st Avenue and Cactus Road)
• Albertsons Surprise (Bell Road and the Loop 303)
• Harkins Arcadia 8 (40th Street & Thomas Road)
• Harkins Arrowhead Fountains 18 (83rd Avenue and Mariners Way)
• Harkins Christown 14 (19th Avenue and Bethany Home Road)
• Harkins Gateway Pavilions 18 (99th Avenue and McDowell)
• Harkins Norterra 14 (Happy Valley Road & I-17)
• Harkins North Valley 16 (34th Street and Bell Road)
• Harkins Scottsdale 14 (Loop 101 and Scottsdale Road)
• Harkins Tempe Marketplace (Loop 101 and Loop 202)
• Harkins Flagstaff 11 (Woodlands Village Blvd. & University Avenue)
• Albertsons Flagstaff (1416 E. Route 66)
ALTERNATIVE DROP-OFF DATES AND LOCATIONS
Times: 7am to 6pm
Dates: Monday, November 22
Tuesday, November 23
Wednesday, November 24
Locations: St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance
Del E. Webb Distribution Center: 2831 N. 31st Ave.
Surprise Warehouse: 13050 W. Elm St.