IT’S A BIRD … IT’S A MEAL … IT’S … SUPER SATURDAY!!!!
The turkeys are all inflated. The trucks will be in place. All that’s missing is YOU.
St. Mary’s fourth annual “Super Saturday” has expanded to 12 sites in the Valley this year, with an additional two in Flagstaff. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. THIS SATURDAY, Nov. 20, St. Mary’s employees and volunteers will be standing by to receive your donations of turkeys, pies, potatoes, rolls canned goods – everything needed to help build more than 30,000 Holiday Food Boxes that are needed for Thanksgiving.
Let’s talk turkey: We need 6,000 birds to reach our goal. And remember, cash donations are the most cost-effective way to help the Food Bank. For every dollar donated, St. Mary’s can distribute enough food for SEVEN meals. That’s about 14 cents! Thanks to our sponsors from Albertsons, Harkins Theatres and US Airways for their SUPER support.
Please remember St. Mary’s on Super Saturday. Shop for a little extra. One in four Arizona children will go to bed hungry tonight. We want to make their Thanksgiving special. Look for the giant inflatable turkey and smiling volunteers ready for your visit from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the following “Super Saturday” locations around the Valley:
- St. Mary’s Food Bank Del E. Webb Distribution Center (2831 N. 31st Avenue)
- Albertsons Desert Ridge (Tatum and the Loop 101)
- Albertsons Glendale (51st Avenue and Cactus Road)
- Albertsons Surprise (Bell Road and the Loop 303)
- Harkins Arcadia 8 (40th Street & Thomas Road)
- Harkins Arrowhead Fountains 18 (83rd Avenue and Mariners Way)
- Harkins Christown 14 (19th Avenue and Bethany Home Road)
- Harkins Gateway Pavilions 18 (99th Avenue and McDowell)
- Harkins Norterra 14 (Happy Valley Road & I-17)
- Harkins North Valley 16 (34th Street and Bell Road)
- Harkins Scottsdale 14 (Loop 101 and Scottsdale Road)
- Harkins Tempe Marketplace (Loop 101 and Loop 202)
- Harkins Flagstaff 11 (Woodlands Village Blvd. & University Avenue)
- Albertsons Flagstaff (1416 E. Route 66)